UPDATE 3/11: Yep, that didn’t last long. Made a couple extra tweaks: changed the font, gave it a slight inset as opposed to an emboss, moved the subtext up. So now I have before, after, and after-after. Hopefully I’m done…
I spent a few hours yesterday doing some tweaks to the Gabriel scifi series covers. Nothing with the images – I’d never touch the incredible original artwork from Josh Powers, but I wanted to clean up the font size/style/color a bit, perhaps give it more of a pop. I’m not usually a fan of serif fonts (especially for science fiction), but I used one in the original covers because I thought it looked decent…but my pseudo-ADHD kicked in recently and I wanted to modify it.
Below are the before & after shots of all four covers, now with sans serif fonts in a bolder, white style & color. They should be making their way downstream to Amazon, BN, et al within the next few days.