UPDATE: The poll has closed as of 11PM ET Friday the 27th. I have the official screenshot of the results and will post them on Saturday. Thanks everyone!
As Rafiki would say, it is time.
Last week, I asked all of my friends, followers, and fans (the three Fs, in social media parlance… okay, I made that up) to help me spread the word about the release of my new prequel novella, Gabriel: Zero Point. I had a huge outpouring of support, and gave away $50 in Amazon gift cards to five random winners last week. But now, it’s the big one – the Grand Prize.
The esteemed accounting firm of Price Waterhouse Coopers has compiled (I made that up again – my family and I) a group of nominees for everyone to vote on. These nominees were chosen for having the most creative, most comprehensive, most helpful posts or series of posts that spread the word about Gabriel: Zero Point. And while retweets and shares were very helpful, they don’t quite rise up to the grand prize level. I was looking for original social media posts, creative reviews, consistent campaigns, and so on.
I found SEVEN. And now I leave it in YOUR hands to choose ONE. That final winner, as of 11:00PM ET on Friday the 27th, will win their choice of a Kindle Fire or Nook Tablet!
Yes, this is now a popularity contest. Those of you nominated, spread the word to your friends and followers to vote for you. Friends and followers of those nominated, vote and continue to spread the word. Vote early, vote often (though only one entry is counted, sorry). And those of you who see a post or campaign that catches your eye that you thought was the most creative and helpful, throw a vote their way.
BUT WAIT, THERE’S MORE: I will award one last Amazon $10 gift card to ONE random commenter on this post, so even if you’re not nominated and have never heard of any of these people (who are awesome, by the way – you should get to know them), you can still leave a comment and qualify for the gift card.
Contest closes at 11PM ET Friday, and the winner will be announced Saturday. So without further ado, here are the nominees (in alphabetical order), a link to what they’ve done, and the voting box:
- Shay Fabbro for her blog review (If you like military scifi or just scifi in general, or if you like tough guys running around kicking the crap out of bad guys, then you will DIG Steve’s Evan Gabriel trilogy!)
- W. E. Linde for his blog review (this prequel installment of the Gabriel story is filled with Umstead’s signature elements that bring his characters and his universe alive.)
- Debra L. Martin for her blog post announcing the debut, which she spread throughout her Triberr contacts
- Rob Pruneda for a consistent Twitter, Facebook, and Google Plus campaign throughout the week
- Twisted SciFi for spreading the word in the context of marketing techniques used by scifi authors online
- Tom Stronach for his blog review (A good read and good value for the money and, I am sure, a good addition to the first three books.)
- Eric Swett for his blog review (The pace is quick and the action is heavy, but the reader learns more about Commander Gabriel and why he is the man he is in the rest of the books.)
There they are folks. Now tell me who’s the best…and who gets the Fire or Tablet!